[CMake] TRY_LINK and CheckCXXSourceLinks ??

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Tue Jan 11 05:49:31 EST 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering how I can check whether I can successfully compile and
link an executable, without actually running it. CheckCXXSourceCompiles
checks whether I can compile the code, however linking could still fail.
CheckCXXSourceRuns OTOH also tries to run the executable, which causes
problems when cross-compiling. So, why is there no CheckCXXSourceLinks?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.

--
Marcel Loose
Senior Software Engineer, Computing Group R&D, Astron, the Netherlands