[CMake] Restrictions on where a binary can be put?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 9 18:29:10 EST 2011

On 09.01.11 22:48:34, Nizar Khalifa Sallem wrote:
> > > I don't really understand why you want to get the LOCATION from your
> > > target, anyway, the get_target_property works fine if you use
> > > set_target_properties before it. [...]
> >
> > ...but SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES() doesn't work fine if it's used after
> > GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(), even if both operate on different properties.
> That point I can definitely exclude since I am using
> set_target_properties on RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY along with
> get_target_property on the file name havily in my
> projects and it works fine even today. I am using cmake v2.8.3 (built)
> on a ubuntu 10.10 and it did work fine with cmake v2.6.4.

Did you build my example? If so, where was the foo binary put? The
example code has no other purpose than showing that changing the output
directory for the executable doesn't have any effect if done after
fetching a property from that target (the LOCATION).

It doesn't matter what my intent is in doing this to prove that this is
unexpected and strange behaviour. That means there's an error, that is
either cmake behaves incorrectly in not updating the output directory
once you've queried the LOCATION of a target. Or its intented behaviour
and the error is in not warning that the call has no effect and not
documenting this surprising behaviour.

Andreas

--
You will pioneer the first Martian colony.