[CMake] Fixed ProjectGUID

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Jan 7 16:26:31 EST 2011

Hello,

In Visual Studio 2010, ProjectGUID is a global. This bug provides a
patch to add global definitions to CMake, but only up to Visual Studio
2008. It shouldn't be difficult to update the patch to add support for
Visual C++ 2010. Setting the ProjectGUID would then be as easy as:

set_target_properties( thetarget PROPERTIES VS_GLOBAL_ProjectGUID
"{384A545C-A6F2-4833-9260-F05C46557610}" )

I opened the bug and provided the code almost two years ago, so it's
not like I expect CMake developers to suddenly implement it...

2011/1/7 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> The guids should remain constant in a given build tree for the life of the
> CMakeCache.txt file.
>
> But after you delete that and start in a fresh build tree, you'll get fresh
> guids.
>
> If you want constant guids in your vcproj files, they should be built by
> hand, not with CMake.
>

> HTH,
> David
>

> 2011/1/7 "Sören Freudiger" <muffmolch at gmx.de>
>>
>> Hello
>> Is it possible to set the ProjectGUID by CMake? Every time I generate a
>> vcproj file with CMake the ProjectGUID changes. But we need to have a fixed
>> one (because other projects are including the vcproj).
>>
>> Best regards
>> SirAnn
>> --
>> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
>> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ