[CMake] InstallRequiredSystemLibraries Comment

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jan 5 14:30:33 EST 2011

From the CMake 2.8.3 release I am using inside the InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake file all the way at the bottom is this:

    IF(WIN32)
      INSTALL_PROGRAMS(/bin ${CMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS})
    ELSE(WIN32)
      INSTALL_PROGRAMS(/lib ${CMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS})
    ENDIF(WIN32)

Which FORCES me to install all my programs in "bin" on windows. Having another directory under the main installation directory, IMHO, isn't needed for some smaller projects. Besides hacking CMake, are there any plans to make the installation location a variable? For instance I would like to just install them into "." instead of "bin". Should I file a bug/feature request?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio