[CMake] CMake 2.8.3 built on OS X crashes on Startup.

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jan 5 14:19:52 EST 2011

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio

On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:01 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 1/5/2011 1:01 PM, David Cole wrote:
>> Exactly. It needs further work.
>>
>> I'm not about to be the brave volunteer who adds a test that adds the
>> "window server must be running" requirement. And whoever does should
>> probably add a setting "CMAKE_ENABLE_GUI_TESTS" that is OFF by
>> default. Then, only on dashboard machines that explicitly say they
>> have a window server running would be able to execute "gui tests".
>>

> Mike, does this work in master right now?  As Dave said:

Yes. It does because when the Qt Frameworks are copied over (QtGui.framework) the "Resources" directory that is contained in that framework is now also copied. Not sure when that started happening but I now vaguely remember something being mentioned.

>> If it works with a nightly tarball, or from git master, then it will
>> work with 2.8.4...
>
> Also, we switched to using a totally different way than 2.8.3 does it.
>
> Also, the dashboard might not catch it because you are configured to use Cocoa, not Carbon as we do for the standard CMake builds.
>
> -Bill

I deduced pretty quick that Kitware can't be using Cocoa with Qt because of the OS X 10.4 deployment target. (Qt MUST use Carbon to go back that far). I would have thought someone would have been trying out CMake with Cocoa in all those tests but I was obviously wrong. Well now that it seems fixed you can re-close the bug.

Mike J.