[CMake] cpack issue: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

thehighhat thehighhat+www at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:14:01 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> Are you using the cygwin cmake or the Windows cmake in "C:\Program Files..."

I am using the Windows binary zip package available from cmake.org.
(not the .exe installer)

It is unpacked into a folder under the C:\cygwin .

> If you're using the Windows cmake, it's not going to be able to deal with
> cygwin symlinks at all.

This version works well with the cygwin.

For example, on a 32bit Windows XP, I am able to config/build/package
this application all ok.

I am currently able to config and build the application with many uses
of symlink.  These seem to get resolved to "normal" Windows paths in
the CMakeCache.txt and CPackConfig.cmake.

( i say  normal because the are the mixed version of path
C:/path/with/forward/slashes/and/drive/letters   instead of
/unixy/paths   or   C:\Native Win\Path )