[CMake] MIDL include directiories

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Thu Feb 24 02:11:31 EST 2011

Hi

It appears I was wrong, the HEADER_FILE_ONLY did work for them, it seems I
had some error while trying it.

Everything works smoothly now.

My solution:

Create a macro to handle the IDL files, which outputs the header files and
the tlb-files so that you may move them around later on.
This also solves the problem I had with the working directory of the midl
tool.

Set the HEADER_FILE_ONLY property to TRUE on the idl files

give the idl files to the add_library or add_executable.

This worked with the generator for Visual Studio 2005.

It lists the IDL files with little red icon, since they are excluded from
the build.

-mika

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Sent by: cmake-bounces at cmake.org
24.02.2011 08:43

cmake at cmake.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CMake] MIDL include directiories

Hi

I solved this exact problem by using the add_custom_command, to write the
command for the midl tool. (I created a macro for it)

Now I neatly get the generated tlb and header files, and now i can easily
list them in the visual studio.

However, I'm yet to figure out how to add the idl files to the project, so
that I may see them in the IDE, without having it try to handle them with
the midl tool. (the default way)

I tried using the source file properties COMPILE_DEFINITIONS,
HEADER_FILE_ONLY and even EXTERNAL_OBJECT on the idl files to work my way
around, but this did not generate any changes to the VS 2005 project.

Is there any way to affect, through CMake, how visual studio uses the midl
tool on idl files? Is this even theoretically possible?

Is there any way to add files to a project so that they are not compiled,
even though they normally would?

-mika

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Sent by: cmake-bounces at cmake.org
23.02.2011 13:31

cmake at cmake.org
cc

Subject
[CMake] MIDL include directiories

Hi

I'd like to know is it possible to give additional include directories for
the MIDL tool in Visual Studio 2005 with CMakeLists.txt code.

The include_directories command does not work for the MIDL tool
parameters.

To delve deeper into the reason why this is a problem, helloworld1.idl
uses helloworld2.idl and as such is unable to find it in any given
directory.

My files are organized in a manner similar to this:

CMakeLists.txt
code/helloworld1.idl
code/helloworld2.idl