[CMake] Strange 2.8.4 memcheck result on CDash

Kelly Thompson kgt at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 22 10:25:21 EST 2011

Allen,

We experienced something similar.  Unfortunately, I never diagnosed the
actual problem because I assumed that my ctest scripts were simply
out-of-date and I replaced them.  In particular, the ctest scripts that
produced broken memcheck output were trying to use the 'ctest
-DNightlyMemCheck' dashboard mode.  In my case, the log files had all of the
valgrind information, but the xml files were missing the valgrind output.

I replaced my ctest scripts with ones downloaded from the CTest Template
Script from our Dashboard's Client tab.  These new scripts use the
ctest_start(), ctest_configure(), ., ctest_memcheck(), etc. commands.  This
change (and possibly some new variables being set) appears to have fixed our
issues with valgrind output not showing up in the dashboard.

-kt