[CMake] Gyp VS CMake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 12:38:34 EST 2011

On 2/21/2011 12:16 PM, j s wrote:

>     LD_PRELOAD isn't that bad of a hack, actually. Intercepting open(),
>     read(), and possibly mmap() should cover most cases.
>

> So
> cl.exe /showincludes
>
> doesn't work?  According to this, it is available.
>
> http://www.conifersystems.com/2008/10/09/dependencies-from-showincludes/

Although slower that what we have.  I did write a depend system once
that used cl.exe.  It basically ran the cpp over the code (cl -E) , and
grepped out all the #line information.  It has the advantage of not
using an system tricks, and all of the compilers we support can be made
to print out #line numbers with a cpp output.  We don't have any free
cycles to work on this at Kitware right now.

-Bill