[CMake] 2.8.4 order of tests

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Feb 17 16:08:43 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Allen D Byrne <byrn at hdfgroup.org> wrote:
> I just installed 2.8.4 and on my fedora 14 linux box the ctest -D
> Experimental stage decided to run the tests in some unknown to me order. The
> previous versions always ran them in order of definition. Any thing I can do
> to get the ordering back?
>
> Allen

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Delete the file "Testing/Temporary/CTestCostData.txt" in your build
tree. It saves run times from run to run and orders them as "slowest
first" on subsequent runs.

A clean build (no CostData file) without any parallel testing, and
without any test COST properties defined should give you the top to
bottom ordering that you're used to.

Saving this data from run to run helps us schedule parallel testing
jobs efficiently on subsequent runs.

HTH,
David