[CMake] inconsistent line endings in Visual Studio 2010

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 17 06:40:34 EST 2011

VS 2010 always breaks my build complaining about inconsistent line
endings in a generated file. I need to open and re-save the file in VS
to be able to continue. My code is about:

TRY_RUN(...... RUN_OUTPUT_VARIABLE RUN_OUTPUT)
FILE(WRITE ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/foo.h "${RUN_OUTPUT}")

The program being run just prints several lines using
printf("........\n"). I am not aware this should generate UNIX endings
only. Interestingly, VS once said it is MAC-generated.

Is there a way I can solve or walk around this problem without
breaking the compilation on linux instead?

Many thanks for any hints.

Dominik