[CMake] Help on ExternalProject_Add

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Wed Feb 16 13:24:15 EST 2011

Thanks a lot,
Your suggestion worked really well, I ' m now able to separate download
source and build into two separate projects,
I have added a <STAMP_DIR> line into source building project to keep git
download stamp out of binary dir and side to source, so
even if i completely empty the binary dir, the source project does not
get rebuilt

Regarding passing vars from "meta" project to external slave projects,
for cache variables, the TYPE can be found by doing

get_property(mytype CACHE ${myvar} PROPERTY TYPE) but I do not have
found any way to get it.
Is due to my ignorance or really variables have no type defined?

Thanks again

Luigi