[CMake] cpack 32bit rpm on a 64bit system

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:01:28 EST 2011

2011/2/16 Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at gmail.com>:

> The server OS is quite conservative when it comes to new packages, so I already had to go into a fight to get 2.6 series installed. I do not think that is possible system-wide but I am of course able to compile cmake myself and put it on my own share.

I understand.
You may try 2.8.3 (or even todays 2.8.4) without compiling it by
taking precompiled one:
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.3-Linux-i386.tar.gz
or
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.4-Linux-i386.tar.gz

Untar them somewhere in your directory.
Then invoke the installed CMake.

> I propose you let me know how to do it with 2.8.3 and I do that workaround.

I'm not sure it will work with CMake 2.8.3 but it would easier
for me to fix it in the maintained 2.8.x branch than trying to fix
the unmaintained 2.6.4.

Normally
set(CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE "i686")
should be enough.

If it is not try:

$ setarch i686
$ cpack -G RPM

this last method may work with CMake 2.6.4 too.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org