[CMake] cpack 32bit rpm on a 64bit system

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:10:23 EST 2011

2011/2/15 Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at gmail.com>:
> Dear CMakers,
>
> I am trying to package a 32bit binary on a 64bit system. It breaks with the (useless?) verbose output which follows below. What I could find of useful information was in _CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/rpmbuild.err, which stated
> error: No compatible architectures found for build

Which version of CMake/CPack ?

> I tried to set CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE and CPACK_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE to i686, but that didn't do much. I found that e.g. the TGZ generator works just fine, so I suppose it is something with the RPM generator, but I am not clever enough to figure out what...
>
> Can anyone help?

Could you send me the log obtained with:

cpack -V -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM

and send me the advertised "rpmbuild.err,  rpmbuild.out,
<yourpackageName>.spec" files?

Some more questions:

What is your linux distribution ?
How did you build the 32bits binaries  with CMake (? add -m32 using CFLAGS?) ?

RPM packaging of 32bits apps on 64bits may not be portable at all,
why are you trying to do that ?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org