[CMake] OS X Application plist configuration questions

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Feb 10 14:25:46 EST 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 2:04 PM, David Cole wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/2011 1:27 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> Bump?
>
> Did you try cmake --trace to see when it was configure...
>

> --
> Mike Jackson<www.bluequartz.net>
>
> On Feb 8, 2011, at 5:36 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>
> At what point is the MacOSXBundleInfo.plist.in configured? I am setting all the relevant variables but they are not getting inserted into the plist.
>
> Here is some debug output from a CMake run of my project:
>
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_INFO_STRING: StatsGenerator_debug Version 2011.02.08, Copyright 2009 BlueQuartz Software.
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_ICON_FILE: StatsGenerator.icns
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_GUI_IDENTIFIER: StatsGenerator_debug
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_LONG_VERSION_STRING: StatsGenerator_debug Version 2011.02.08
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_BUNDLE_NAME: StatsGenerator_debug
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_SHORT_VERSION_STRING: 2011.02.08
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_BUNDLE_VERSION: 2011.02.08
> -- MACOSX_BUNDLE_COPYRIGHT: Copyright 2011, BlueQuartz Software. All Rights Reserved.
>

> I set all those variables before and after the add_executable call but most of the values does not show up in the plist file. Probably something simple I am missing.
>
> Thanks.
> Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
> Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
> BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio
>

> Does your add_executable call have the MACOSX_BUNDLE flag in it?
>
> You should definitely set those variables before calling add_executable, and they should definitely show up if you have MACOSX_BUNDLE turned on.
>
> What generator are you using? Xcode or Unix Makefiles or something else?

Using Makefiles generator. Correctly set MACOSX_BUNDLE in the add_executable() call. This is on OS X 10.6.6 with CMake 2.8.3 (self compiled)

I tried the --trace but I don't really know what I should be looking for. There is a lot of output to look through.

Tried from a clean build directory and still has the same thing.

Mike Jackson