[CMake] Question about dependencies

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 02:59:55 EST 2011

Apart from the typos already pointed out by Martin, what is the
"define_custom_target()" command? Did you mean "add_custom_command()" or
"add_custom_target()"? If so, the syntax is completely wrong. If you
meant "add_dependencies()", then that is also wrong, because
add_dependencies only operates on CMake-targets, not on individual
files. In order to help, we need some more information, such as:

- How is factFile.xml (or whatever its name is) generated?
- What is PACK-check? How is it defined?
- What is the define_custom_target command? It certainly isn't a
standard CMake command, so either it's another typo (is there a single
word that isn't misspelled?!) or it's a custom macro/function in your
project.

It would be best if you could post the relevant parts of your code.

Michael

PS: Please, be more careful to avoid such ridiculous typos when posting.
People here are not paid to help you (you could always get a support
contract from Kitware, though) and are much less likely to answer if
they have to first through heaps of sloppiness in order to figure out
what you actually want from them. Just saying "sorry" without providing
a fixed posting doesn't help to fix this situation either. IMHO it's
also a matter of respect.