[CMake] CPack: CPACK_COMPONENT_GROUP in cmake 2.8.3 / Windows binary zip

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Feb 8 14:10:36 EST 2011

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:29:31 am Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2011/2/8 Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> >  Thanks a bunch for your tremendous work !
>
> You're welcome, feedback of this feature is welcomed.
>
> >  Quick question would this means that the warning will also go away:
> >
> > "CPack warning: both CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL and CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL
> > have been set."
> >
> >  AFAIK  CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL is required to be set to list all
> > different components, but I still need  CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL for
> > backward compatibility.
>
> No the warning will not go away because you shouldn't usually use both.
> (in fact it may go away because you won't need to set
> CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL anymore ...)

I also saw that warning with this example (there's nothing in this example
about a MONOLITHIC install):

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
project(hello)
install(CODE "message(installing...)" COMPONENT Hello)
set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL Hello)
set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_IN_ONE_PACKAGE 1)
set(CPACK_ARCHIVE_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)
include(CPack)

$ cpack -G TGZ

Why is it a warning if no groups are defined?  Is it because one should use
groups?
However, I can suppress that warning with
set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_IGNORE_GROUPS 1)

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc