[CMake] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX on Windows Machine

Holmes, David R. III, Ph.D. [RO RM1-24] Holmes.David3 at mayo.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:03:56 EST 2011

Colleagues-

I believe that I have run in a bug with cmake, but being a novice, I
cannot say.  I would greatly appreciate any help.  Here is the story:

(1)    I'm trying to build GDCM-2.0.17 and a  Windows machine (same
issue if I specify 32-bit or 64-bit build) using CMAKE-2.8.3

(2)    This is how I have chosen to setup my environment:

S: (or any drive)

  + GDCM-2.0.17

      + SRC

               -- [GDCM Source Tree]

           +  BUILD

               -- PC_NT_32

               |  |

               |    -- [GDCM Build files for 32 bit]

               -- PC_NT_64

                   -- [GDCM Build files for 64 bit]

           +  INSTALL

               -- PC_NT_32

               |  |

               |    -- [GDCM Installed files for 32 bit]

               -- PC_NT_64

                   -- [GDCM Installed files for 64 bit]

(3)    I have run both cmake.exe and cmake-gui.exe with the same result.

(4)    After the first configure, I change the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to
"s:/GDCM-2.0.17/INSTALL/PC_NT_32"

(5)    I run configure again

(6)    It changes CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to "s:/GDCM 2.0-2.0.17/PC_NT_32"

(7)    I change it back and it requires that I run configure again

(8)    Repeat from step (4) with no resolution

I do not see this issue when I run on a linux machine.  It does not
appear to be something specific to the GDCM CMakeLists.txt file

As I said, I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

david

David R Holmes III

Biomedical Imaging Resource Core Facility Director

Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering

Mayo Clinic College of Medicine

Ph:  507-266-4250       Fax:  507-284-1632

holmes.david3 at mayo.edu <mailto:holmes.david3 at mayo.edu>