[CMake] get_target_property( LOCATION) and CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX (aka: Installing PDB files)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 14:54:48 EST 2011

Dear all,

  I am trying to retrieve the full path of a dll to be able to compute
the full path of the associated pdb file. I thought I could simply use
the get_target_property( LOCATION) API, however it fails to return the
actual name of the TARGET, for instance the value of
CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX it not taken into account (using cmake 2.8.3).

  Is there another API to retrieve the path to a dll file generated by
cmake from its target name ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu