[CMake] try_compile generates assertion failure in MSVC 2010

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:13:21 EST 2011

2011/2/4 Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch>:
> I use try_compile to configure my project and it works fine on linux.
> On Windows I get a lovely assertion failure, when calling cmake from
> VC command line:
>
> (typos possible, typed from a popup window)
>
> Debug Assertion Failed!
> Program:
> .............\cmTryCompileExec.exe
> File:
> f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_64_amd64_crt\prebuild\tran\amd64\ieee.c
> Line: 109
>
> Expression: (mask&~(_MCW_DNI_MCW_EMI_MCW_RC))==0
>

> Did anyone ever had this problem and found a way out?

Nope.
But may be you could give us the piece of source code used in try_compile
which leads to the error?

Do you have the same issue with GCC (e.g. MinGW, http://www.mingw.org)
or another compiler on Windows?

[You can try with Code::Blocks generator
 there is a Code::Blocks distro which includes MinGW
 http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26]

--
Erk
http://www.april.org