[CMake] CMake 2.8.7-rc2 ready for testing!

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Dec 30 14:30:43 EST 2011

On 2011-12-30 11:06+0100 Eric Noulard wrote:

> 2011/12/27 Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
>> The issue is that if I set CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH to find a special
>> version of lapack/blas, only the lapack part of that is honored.  For
>> example, if I set
>>
>> export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/software/lapack/install_double/lib
>
> Did you tried with CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH instead?
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH:PATH=/home/software/lapack/install_double
> /path/to/source
>
> in fact I wasn't even aware of the CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH nor friends
> like CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and the like.

Hmm. I had never heard of CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH until now, but it
certainly wasn't around when I learned all about CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH
and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH years ago.  I guess the problem is I have too
long a history with CMake, and I haven't been paying enough attention to
the more recently developed features.  :-)

I tried the cmake option
-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH:PATH=/home/software/lapack/install_double
with both cmake-2.8.5 and cmake-2.8.7-rc2 and got the same results
as before: the desired consistent lapack/blas libraries for 2.8.5, i.e.
-- LAPACK_LIBRARIES =
/home/software/lapack/install_double/lib/liblapack.a;/home/software/lapack/install_double/lib/libblas.a

and an inconsistent mixture of libraries for rc2, i.e.,

-- LAPACK_LIBRARIES =
/home/software/lapack/install_double/lib/liblapack.a;/usr/lib/libf77blas.so.3gf;/usr/lib/libatlas.so.3gf

The above two results were obtained both with and without CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH
set.

So it appears this is a second regression for the rc2 version of the
lapack/blas find modules compared to 2.8.5; CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH is
partially ignored.

I hope Dave draws the right conclusion here.  :-)

Alan
Alan W. Irwin