[CMake] Upcoming "What's New in CMake 2.8.7" webinar

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Dec 21 16:26:14 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
> wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 December 2011, David Cole wrote:
> > The CMake team is hard at work on the 2.8.7 release - we
> > announced<http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/208> CMake
> > 2.8.7 rc1 on December 8th, and we expect to release the final version by
> > the end of the year. Want to learn more? Then please join us on
> > January 4th from
> > 12:00-12:20 p.m. EST, when I will be presenting a free webinar
> highlighting
> > what’s new in the CMake 2.8.7 release and giving a preview of what’s in
> the
> > pipeline. You'll also get a chance to ask the CMake team any questions
> you
> > may have on this release in particular or CMake in general. You can
> > register for this event through
> > GoToWebinar<https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/152723134>
> > .
> > <https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/152723134>
> > Please note that you'll need to attend this webinar from a Windows or Mac
> > computer - GoToWebinar does not yet support Linux.
>
> Are there plans for GoToWebinar to support also Linux ?

I do not know about GoToWebinar's future plans. I've asked our
communications group whether they know or not -- I'll let you know if I
find out anything new.

> It's really a pity that also the other webinars by Kitware exclude Linux
> :-/

We are not intentionally excluding Linux, believe me. We are striving to
provide the best thing we can in a cost-effective manner in this case. We
have certainly tried several different packages before settling on
GoToMeeting. Each one out there has some silly limitation...