[CMake] Fwd: Fwd: cpack DragNDrop on OSX 10.7

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Dec 20 18:13:35 EST 2011

You're doing this:

  set(APPS "\${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/madx${BINARY_POSTFIX}.app")  #
paths to executables
  set(DIRS "")

Then this:

  INSTALL(CODE "
    include(BundleUtilities)
    fixup_bundle(\"${APPS}\"   \"\"   \"${DIRS}\")
    " COMPONENT Runtime)

Which means that your install code (in cmake_install.cmake) will have
something like this in it:

    include(BundleUtilities)
    fixup_bundle("${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/madxXXX.app"   ""   "")

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX should evaluate to a directory underneath the
_CPack_Packages directory, so that should be ok. But your DIRS
variable is empty. What libs does your bundle app depend on? Are they
built into the app with full path names such that an tool -L analysis
will work without any DIRS value?

Did you run something like "cpack -G DragNDrop --verbose" to see the
full output of the make install step, and did it seem like
fixup_bundle yielded any output in the --verbose stream...?

Your code looks right, but maybe you need some DIRS for the fixup to
work correctly...

HTH,
David