[CMake] Triggering individual steps of externalproject_add add cmake time

Jan Wurster Jan.Wurster at icido.de
Fri Apr 29 05:52:32 EDT 2011

 Hi David,

 thanks for your help and suggestions!

CMake wait for a
> download.

 The point only was to solve the .. ahem .. hen and egg problem I'm
encountering at the first ever configure run. Configure of the project
itself needs a certain structure of 3rd party stuff to be available -
else it fails for this system, thus never creating a valid build
structure in the first place.

 I definitely agree the configure step should be kept as minimal in its
timewise requirements as possible, so once the general structure is
present, subsequent calls to cmake would never have retriggered the
download at configure time ;)

 Your suggestion actually is what I've implemented since and it works
fine. Initially, the download occurs, after that the build process will
keep data up to date. Thanks and best regards,
Jan