[CMake] Possiblity to speedup the build by compiling multiple files in one compiler invocation

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:07:40 EDT 2011

2011/4/26 Martin Nielsen <Martin.Nielsen at csr.com>:
> Hi,
>

> I have been asked to look into the possibilities of compiling multiple files
> in one invocation of the compiler like:
>

> armcc.exe … file1.c file2.c … fileN.c –o mylib.lib
>

> The cross compiler we are using requires a license in order to compile the
> file. It is a network floating license mechanism and the majority of the
> time it take to build the code is spent on acquiring the license.

May be the license manager can be configured to set some "lease time"
which would avoid the network message for each compile command.

I think Flexlm has some "TIMEOUT" option for that  and may be other license
manager has the same kind of option.

Setting a 2 sec lease time should be enough to avoid the "check for
license" overhead.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org