[CMake] BundleUtilities and super-build

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 00:51:25 EDT 2011

On 04/23/2011 12:46 PM, Michael Wild wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to use BundleUtilities with MSVC 9 to install the required
> Qt4 DLL's of the GUI sub-project into a common prefix in the super-build
> binary directory. The process fails with the (abbreviated) output at the
> end of this message.
>
> If I open the sub-project's .sln file directly and run the INSTALL
> target, it works perfectly fine.
>
> Anybody got an idea what is going wrong here?

[...]

Ok, found it. Somehow the output of the command <cmd> in
execute_process(COMMAND <cmd> OUTPUT_VARIABLE <var>) is *not* captured
in <var> when running as a sub-project of a super-build. Because of
that, GetPrerequisites thinks the output of dumpbin.exe is empty and
consequently fails to find the dependencies. I could fix it by having
dumpbin.exe write to a file with the /out option instead and then
reading that file back in, but what really needs fixing is CMake...

I'll try to come up with a minimal test-case and then file a bug report.

Michael