[CMake] cmake for python projects

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Mon Apr 18 12:15:16 EDT 2011

Hello,

when we were considering to use D for our multi-platform project we
did some research about appropriate build system and ended with the
two: waf & cmake with more preference for the latter due to its
ability to create binary packages for Mac and Windows (afaik, using
NSIS installer) with the help of CPack.

Now, when we'll do our project in C(Python)+Qt and we have to use some
external C library, I'm curious if CMake is still recommended over
Pythonic distutils?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)