[CMake] Properly Detecting Win64

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Apr 12 16:36:32 EDT 2011

On Apr 12, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 4/12/2011 4:13 PM, David Cole wrote:
>
>> Does somebody have reproducible steps to get to the point where
>> CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P disappears??
>>
>> I've never seen that...
>>
>> How many times do you have to re-configure before you start seeing this
>> behavior? That sounds like something is just really wrong somewhere, and
>> it would be a good thing to track down exactly what that is.
>>
> This variable is stored in this file:
>
> CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
>
> It should not go away.
>
> -Bill

You guys can slap me upside the head after this but I think this is what is going wrong.

Sometimes Visual Studio and CMake just don't seem to be be playing well together so I will go into the build folder and delete EVERYTHING except the CMakeCache.txt file and then just rerun cmake. So maybe that is what is going wrong? Dunno. I'll try it a bit later after my current deadline.

Mike Jackson