[CMake] DESTDIR behaviour with different variable name

Tomasz Grobelny tomasz at grobelny.oswiecenia.net
Mon Apr 11 11:54:04 EDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:07:36 +0200, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 03:16 PM, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
>> I need behaviour that is available with DESTDIR (that is changing
>> location
>> of installation root after configuration and build is done) but with
>> different name of environment variable (eg. MYDESTDIR). Is it possible
>> with
>> cmake?
>

> export MYDESTDIR=$PWD/mydestdir
> make install DESTDIR=$MYDESTDIR

Ok, but is there a way to achieve the same effect so that the user can
type just "make install" and not know anything about DESTDIR environment
variable (provided he knows about MYDESTDIR)? Maybe it is possible to put
this "DESTDIR=$MYDESTDIR" in the generated Makefiles somehow...
--
Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny