[CMake] DLL and EXE with same base name: clash in VS.

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:35:23 EDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 09:21 AM, Alexey Livshits wrote:
>> We have a clang.exe and a clang.dll. While building, VS creates
>> clang.pdb (for the executable) and clang.pdb (for the dll) which
>> obviously is not right. Is there a way to tell VS to use a different
>> name for the PDB?
>
> You can use different project name for exe and set the output name via
> OUTPUT_NAME property.

CMake uses prefix+base+".pdb" to generate the PDB file name, however I
didn't dig deep enough to find out what `base' is, just that it is
obtained with cmTarget::GetName(). Whether that refers to the target
name or the OUTPUT_NAME, I couldn't find out easily, so you'll have to
experiment ;-)

Michael