[CMake] CMake

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Sep 30 09:56:57 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Nicola Brisotto
<nicolabrisotto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use cmake with qt projects for desktop application. Recently I've been
> started developing for symbian.
> I've found a generator for carbide but I use Qt Creator.
> I would like to generate Makefile like qmake does and then build the project
> with the Symbian toolchain.
> Qmake has also the support for build a sis package with the "smart
> installer" embedded, for signing app, etc.
> Can I do these tasks with cmake?

Is it possible? Yes, it is. How good is support for it, especially
with QtCreator? I have no idea. Take a look at:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Symbian_Carbide_Generator

Support for Maemo (Nokia N900) and Meego (replacement for Maemo) is
much better. The Kolab Consortium has ported KDEPIM to Maemo and
Windows CE and they are using CMake and cross-compiling:

http://steveire.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/kdepim-on-mobile-whats-going-on/
http://ftp.kolab.org/local/maemo/README.html

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles