[CMake] Execution order

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EU.NEC.COM
Fri Sep 17 07:24:45 EDT 2010

Hi Chris

> No, you shouldn't have to, unless you're using in-source builds
> which is very strongly deprecated. Once you've gotten used to
> out-of-source builds you'll never want to go back.

Ok, I'm trying to think of how this would work for us.

The source for each of our libraries is in a separate subdirectory as you would expect. The subdirectory structure is:

Subdir ----- .cpp files

         |-- Makefile

         |-- _gnuDebug      <=== .o and .a files for Debug build

         |-- _gnuRelease    <=== .o and .a files for Release build

Would you call that an out-of-source build, or would you require the Makefile to be in a 'Build' subdirectory below the source?

Or, would you really like to see the build files somewhere to the side of the source files?

Best regards

David