[CMake] CMake 2.8.2 with WindRiver diab compiler dcc.exe/dplus.exe on WinXP: CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE. while detecting compiler ABI

Molsen, Hannes Hannes.Molsen at draeger.com
Fri Sep 17 03:35:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

if this is of any help or interest: I added the option --debug-output, which does not solve the problem, but gives at least some additional information and a nicer workaround:

=== CMake Output : snip ===
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
   Called from: [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
                [1]     D:/CCView/rat/Framework/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE.
  OutputFile: ''
    copyFile: [...]

=== CMake Output : snap ===

All following fails have the same "Called from:" output.

In CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake I found a flag called "CMAKE_C_COMPILER_FORCED". If this is set, the ABI detection is skipped. Does --debug-trycompile set this flag?

If I set this flag manually in my cmake call
cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER_FORCED=TRUE -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FORCED=TRUE [...]
the problem does not occur anymore, because the problematic code is skipped.
This is a way nicer workaround, because I have to run CMake only once and don't have an error output, but it does not solve the problem, it just ignores it.
So I still want to get the ABI detection working correctly.

Yours,
Hannes