[CMake] CMake 2.8.2 with WindRiver diab compiler dcc.exe/dplus.exe on WinXP: CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE. while detecting compiler ABI

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 16 12:11:07 EDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 08:11 AM, Molsen, Hannes wrote:
>        -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
>        CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE.
>          OutputFile: ''
>            copyFile: 'D:/CCView/binaries/PPC603diab/rat/Framework/CMakeFiles/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin'
>
>        Unable to find executable for try_compile: tried        "D:/CCView/binaries/PPC603diab/rat/Framework/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec" and  "D:/CCView/binaries/PPC603diab/rat/Framework/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec" and    "D:/CCView/binaries/PPC603diab/rat/Framework/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cmTryCompileExec".
[snip]
> What causes CMake to fail at the COPY_FILE stage?
> How can I fix this without having to run CMake a second time with --debug-trycompile?

The message you mentioned [1] is suggesting the --debug-trycompile
option to help diagnose the problem, not as a workaround.  In a
fresh build tree, without --debug-trycompile, after this error
is reported, look for CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log.  It should have
the ABI detection attempt.  What is the reported output?

-Brad

[1] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-May/037118.html