[CMake] gcc option passed to assembler

skippy VonDrake skippyvondrake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:42:20 EDT 2010

Greetings,
I have a project most of which is in C but it includes a couple of assembly
files (.S).
CMake builds it just fine until I add a preprocessor option meant for gcc -
and that the assembler
can't digest.
Recently I set the COMPILE_FLAGS to include "-H".  The compiler did as the
flag specified.
It listed all the headers in the dependency chain.
But then I got the error:
... /usr/bin/as -o myAssemblyModule.S.o  myAssemblyModule.S
as: unrecognized option `-H`

I know the assembly capabilities of cmake are still "experimental" but is
there a way
to keep an option from passing to the assembler?

I'm using cmake 2.8 on FreeBSD 7.2 and using the KDevelop3 generator.

Skippy