[CMake] Volunteering to become maintainer of FindBoost.cmake

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Fri Sep 10 14:07:03 EDT 2010

Part of the problem is that it's not clear if the user has built
boost-thread against pthreads or win32 threads.  See the fix for #11121,
I've added a variable to control which threading library gets used if the
user crosscompiles boost-thread using a thread-api that isn't native on
their system.  http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11121

<http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11121>Maybe we can just require users
to specify pthreads for this and when they do we could link to pthreads?
 But is this regular pthreads or pthreads-win32 we're talking about?  Really
we need to fix 6399 first.

For now I would just recommend adding the target_link_library manually
against pthreads when you're using it and ensure we have a bug filed for
this issue in the tracker.

--
Philip Lowman