[CMake] Loop expansion in find_library() seems backwards

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Sep 8 09:15:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Michael Hertling <mhertling at online.de>wrote:

> ...which shows that 10718 is still alive. ;-)
>
> Hi Philip,
>
> what's your opinion on this topic, in particular
>
> - swapping loops and the required effort, the related risks
>  and the expected results,

I'd like to know if there is a use case for the existing behavior.  I don't
really have an opinion if this should be enabled optionally or by default
(or via policy) yet.

> - find modules with hardcoded magic numbers and the continuous
>  need for maintenance,
> - globbing or regex support for FIND_{PROGRAM,LIBRARY,PATH,FILE}?

I've griped about this for a while.  So much that I even started working on
a patch for the issue back when I had some free time last year (but never
finished).  What little time I have these days to spend on CMake I choose to
spend on supporting find modules, so if anyone wants to take this over... It
was one approach for how to solve the version number problem...

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8396

--
Philip Lowman