[CMake] cpack/nsis behavior

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Sep 3 16:22:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've got this case where I'm using cpack to create nsis packages with a set of
components that I want packaged.

If I run the installer, things work.
But, if I run the installer a second time (without doing an uninstall first),
it doesn't do anything.  So, if one had manually removed files, the installer
doesn't put them back.

I suspect its because there are components, and it assumes it can skip things
if the component was already installed before (it is saved in the registry
what components were installed).

Is there a way to force it to install files again?  Much like a repair
functionality would do?

I tried with the cmake installer, and it installs files again just fine.  I
suspect that is because there are no components in that installer.

Thanks,
Clint