[CMake] what does <NAME> mean?

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Fri Sep 3 12:01:14 EDT 2010

  On 9/2/10 4:13 PM, SK wrote:
> Hello, In many cmake modules, I see<>  used around names, as in:
>
> SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT     "<CMAKE_C_COMPILER>     <FLAGS>  -o
> <OBJECT>  -c<SOURCE>")
>
> What does this<SOMENAME>  notation mean?  I looked around but missed
> this in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> -steve
The only modules that have this are the ones that can be considered
"internal" that add compiler support, etc - hence the lack of
documentation.  They're used by the generators to produce the correct
commands.  If you're doing application development using a CMake-based
build system, you can  (and probably should) ignore them.  If you are
trying to add a new compiler or generator, you will want to look in the
C++ source and/or give the list more information on what you're trying
to do.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
Human-Computer Interaction Graduate Student

http://academic.cleardefinition.com/