[CMake] FindOpenSSL.cmake

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Sep 1 00:02:11 EDT 2010

Officially, CMake modules are supposed to mark cache variables like this as
advanced so they disappear as soon as they are set.  Since it is finding DLL
files the cache variables are being set and immediately hidden in the
advanced section of the cache.  You should be able to get at them from the
advanced section of the cache editor and change them to the appropriate .LIB
files to work around the issue (choose advanced from the select dropdown).

The reason why it is detecting DLL files should be investigated.

Can you please open a bug ticket with the information here?  Also it should
contain:
1. What version of OpenSSL are you using (precompiled or did you build it
yourself).  If the former please point to the location on the net, if the
latter please include a directory listing of the install prefix.
2. What generator/compiler are you using with CMake (MinGW? Visual Studio
X?)

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Dixon, Shane <Shane.Dixon at atmel.com> wrote:

>  I’m having some trouble with the FindOpenSSL.cmake.  While
> troubleshooting, I noticed that it has this line:
>

> MARK_AS_ADVANCED(OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR OPENSSL_LIBRARIES)
>

> Yet the OPENSSL_LIBRARIES never show up in the cmake-gui.  I’m running
> 2.8.2 on Windows XP.  Can someone tell me if I’m wrong to expect that to
> show up in the GUI when the “advanced” checkbox is checked?  The
> OPENSSL_LIBRARIES always gets populated with .dll files instead of .lib
> files.  I was going to manually set it to the correct thing (which seems to
> be the point of setting a variable to advanced) and the variable doesn’t
> show up at all.
>

> --
>
> Shane

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ