[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sun Oct 31 20:22:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I saw in the log you added a case for Python 2.7,
> Would you be able to add a check for Python 3.x ?
>
> For Blender 3D we use CMake and only support python 3.x series.

I added that (or part of it at least). I suspect it is too late, and
we really need to add a variable to request Python 3. That would be
too big of a change this late in the RC series. We could work on
something, with a view to getting it in CMake 2.8.4, that you could
add to Blender's CMake module path until the release.

I think for it to be general enough we would need something that
defaulted to Python 2.x, but could look for Python 3 if the project
requested it. I was not sure how best to handle this, and wanted to
make sure this release found Python 2.7. I know for most of the
project I develop we explicitly don't want Python 3 as our stuff is
not ready for it yet.

Marcus