[CMake] CMake hangs on new install

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Tue Oct 26 20:12:10 EDT 2010

This is driving me nuts, and it's almost certainly something dumb. One of my CMake users lost a hard drive and had to reimage.

Now she's installed CMake 2.8 and it LOOKS like it's all OK, but any attempt to do a CMake hangs because the attempt to compile CMakeCCompilerId.c winds up passing a bunch of flags and then "-o  CMakeCCompilerId.c" - that is, the -o flag, TWO spaces, and then CMakeCCompilerId.c. So there's no output file specification; the input filespec becomes the output, and the compiler dutifully waits for input from stdin.

Now, I think I've seen this before, but I'm damned if I can remember what causes it. As far as I can tell, the compiler call is generated within cmake.exe, which kinda makes it hard to debug.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III