[CMake] How to use Purify with CMake.

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Fri Oct 15 06:47:59 EDT 2010

> Ben, I think the problem is that some versions of purify are run by
> putting purify in front of the final link line.  Like this:
>
> purify gcc -o foo foo.o

Yes. This is how it is done on Linux.
The instrumentation takes place a link time.

> Running this:
>
> purify foo

I believe this is how it is done on Windows.
The instrumentation is done at run time (less desirable).

> Will not work.  So, you have to do something like what was suggested.
>
> Another way is something like this:
>
> set (CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE
>     "purify ${CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE}")
> add_executable (foo foo.cxx)

But, does not this permanently change CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE.
At the least you need to save and restore it.
I tried this first and my feeble attempts to save and
restore CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE did not work for some strange
reason.