[CMake] Reusing configuration

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:02:51 EDT 2010

On 11. Oct, 2010, at 15:47 , Fred Fred wrote:

> So it is impossible to just extract the options from the environment config data.
> But you suggestion is fine although it requires some work lol
> Thx
>
>> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:42:24 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [CMake] Reusing configuration
>> From: drescherjm at gmail.com
>> To: stan1313 at hotmail.fr
>> CC: cmake at cmake.org
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Fred Fred <stan1313 at hotmail.fr> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I suppose this question has already been asked here but I did not find any
>>> trace of it, including in the wiki.
>>> My students want to install PV at home and they need to build it from source
>>> in order to extend it.
>>> They do have a version installed at the university and, since configuring
>>> and choosing the right options is not that easy, I wonder if there is a way
>>> to give them a configuration file so as for them to have the options
>>> selection list prefilled?
>>>

>> The big problem with that is the install must be in the same folder
>> and the dependencies must be the same. It may be easier to create a
>> script to start cmake-gui with a command line containing the options
>> you will have as default.
>>
>> John

You can give them a cache-initializer file which they pass to cmake using the -S flag. The file contains "set(... CACHE ...)" statements.

OTOH, you can also download the "development files" for the binary distributions of ParaView from http://paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html (under "ParaView Development Installation").

Michael

--
There is always a well-known solution to every human problem -- neat, plausible, and wrong.
H. L. Mencken