[CMake] Stopping the VS build when configure fails

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:12:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just hit "Build Solution" which caused ZERO_CHECK project to run because
>> my CMakeLists.txt file had changed.  ZERO_CHECK ran CMake which attempted to
>> generate a new solution.  Typically this results in a good new project and
>> the VS plugin detects this and asks me to load the new project files.
>> However in this case, the new project files could not be generated due to
>> the error.  For whatever reason VS keeps going even though the ZERO_CHECK
>> target failed.
>>

> I see. Now I am having some similar problems with 2.8.3-rc1 and
> reloads. I did not notice that until today. After I change my
> CMakeList.txt  in a subproject (not sure about the root project) and
> click build in visual studio 2008 I am no longer getting prompted for
> the reload but the build appears to never finish. I have to hit cancel
> on the build then windows prompts me to reload the project. No dialog
> appeared.

Okay. Here is a weird one. I killed Outlook 2007 in task manager
because it was not showing up. After it terminated I got an instant
CMake prompt to reload the solution file. The thing is I was not
configuring my application and I was also not compiling my app. I have
not started coding today yet..

John