[CMake] CTest submission timeouts

Joël Schaerer joel.schaerer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:12:00 EDT 2010

  Hi,

I am setting up test builds for ITK v4 and vv
(http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/rio/vv) and submitting the results to the
insight dashboard (http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=itk , search for
host cepe.clb.creatis). Half of the time, this works well and the results are
published on the dashboard. However, often I get the following error message:

    Error when uploading file: /home/jschaerer/workspace/Dashboards/My
Tests/ITK-build/Testing/20101005-0100/Test.xml
    Error message was: Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the
last 120 seconds
    Problems when submitting via HTTP

the upload fails, and the test results are lost. I have tried ctests "--http1.0"
option, but to no avail.

Any idea what could cause the problem? (I suspect my institution's buggy
firewall, but I'm afraid I can't do much about it; I'd also like to be sure it
is the cause of the problem before I start complaining about it)

Also, is there a way to tell ctest to retry at least a couple times?

Thanks a lot,

joel

--
Joël Schaerer, PhD
Post-doctoral researcher

Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
Service de radiothérapie
28 rue Laënnec
69373 LYON CEDEX 08

Tel: 04 78 78 51 50