[CMake] CMake/Buildbot xplat upload?

fatman at crackmonkey.us fatman at crackmonkey.us
Mon Oct 4 05:13:03 EDT 2010

>> CMake is integrating well with Buildbot to make a sort of poor-man's
>> build farm. The one thing I can't seem to work out is a crossplatform
>> way to upload CPack-built packages (Windows and Linux) to a web server
>> (Ubuntu).
>
>that's true you have file(DOWNLOAD ...) (which internally uses libcurl)
>so it should be fairly easy to add file(UPLOAD ...) but currently
>AFAIK this does not exists...
>may be worth a feature request.

I'll do that. It would certainly save me some scripting headaches.

>> The target web server supports SSH, SCP, DAV and possibly NFS.
>> Any ideas? Or should I be asking Buildbot's mailing list?
>
>I don't know or use buildbot but it appears to be written in python so may
>I guess python may be required when using build bot.
>May be using some 100% python SSH lib (in order to be cross platform)
>like paramiko
>(http://www.lag.net/paramiko/) is doable in order to transfer your
>files using scp.
>
>You may call your python scp script from CMake using execute_process
>after a find_package(PythonInterp).

Correct, Buildbot is a Python script. I only brought Buildbot up because
(it seems to me) uploading is one of those "edge" use cases, where it
could fall into the purview of either system, and I wasn't sure if this
was more a Buildbot feature or not.

(It's a barrel of fun getting Buildbot to run at all on a Windows
machine, never mind as a service, and never mind as a Windows 7 service,
but I did it anyway. Go me!)