[CMake] CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

fatman at crackmonkey.us fatman at crackmonkey.us
Fri Oct 1 08:33:50 EDT 2010

>> As a total non-expert I don't see how this will work because
>> if build type is "Debug" then CMake will use
>> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG not CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS.
>
>I believe it would use both, however, if you are checking
>CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, then your build system will not work as expected on
>multi-configuration generators like Visual Studio and XCode.  Setting
>CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG is the way to go.

Are you referring to the project file generator? I'm not actually using
one of those. I prefer to set up my project files manually (only takes a
few minutes per project in Code::Blocks).

I'm trying to make my build environments as homogenous as possible, so
I've gone with a crossplatform IDE. (I'm also trying to move from
Darcs to Fossil for version control, because although Darcs is generally
great I'm sick of a) the GHC dependency on Linux and b) its awful
fumbling of SSH on Windows.)