[CMake] Trouble with non standard Qt installation.

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Nov 29 14:08:03 EST 2010

On Monday, November 29, 2010 11:46:52 am John Drescher wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:42 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM, tibur <tiburtibur at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> Our team uses the same Windows (VS) Qt build, but all the developers
> >> don't store it at the same place on their hard drive. So qmake.exe
> >> doesn't contain the good include, library, ... directories.
> >>
> >> On the FindQt4.cmake script of version 2.8.2 (line 770), the
> >> find_library call was using QT_LIBRARY_DIR variable to find the
> >> possible location of QtCore.lib, ...
> >>
> >> But on version 2.8.3, this module now queries qmake.exe to retrieve the
> >> library and includes path. This stuck us to the 2.8.2 version of CMake,
> >> since qmake doesn't return the good directories.
> >>
> >> How can we fix that?
> >
> > I am confused on what you are trying to fix.
>
> Oh. I see now. I think you need to have each developer build Qt on
> their system.

You could also look at the Qt installer from Nokia.  They use a little tool to
modify the binaries to work correctly where they are installed.

FindQt4.cmake has always queried qmake.exe.  So I'm wondering how you made it
work with cmake 2.8.2.  Did you manually set some variables first?

And are you also aware that QtCore.dll has these same paths embedded that one
finds from qmake.exe?  Unless you use a qt.conf file or something, you're left
with a crippled installation.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc