[CMake] Using ctest

Cochran, Bill cochranwk at ornl.gov
Tue Nov 23 16:57:15 EST 2010

Hello,

I have nearly succeeded moving a project from an autotools based system to a CMake/CTest/CDash system.  I must say I am impressed with CMake.  I have two questions though:

1)  Is it possible for CTest to use a shell script which calls cmake?  The project depends on a dozen TPLs installed many different ways on many different platforms.  These are set with variables on the command line.  So, we have one-line shell scripts for configuring on different platforms.  By the way, on my cmake test machine,

  ctest --build-nocmake

invokes cmake.

2)  I am having troubles getting CTest to build in parallel.  Am I supposed to use --build-options to pass -j8 to make?  Or, is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Bill